Comment on Evolution vs Creation Debate by Wiseman.
1) Dinosaur bones probably predate the Deluge, and so I take their alleged “ages” with a grain of salt.
2) I disagree about there being no historical or scientific evidence for the Deluge: there is tons of literature on this.
3) Whether or not secular science happens to believe something, Catholics should never be dissuaded from doing science according to what they know to be true.
4) I am mostly concerned with Catholics who accept theistic evolution (and the corollary of old earth theory) rather than naturalists.
5) If I found out the earth was old, it would be based on much more evidence than has been offered to date. But it would not shatter my religion. I’ve been wrong before, I may be wrong again.