For women across the world, the waist has been a source of joy and sorrow. Every woman wants to have the perfect waist, which means it should be very narrow. If you are someone who wants to know your waist size to get fitted for a dress or to know whether a dress will fit you, you can do so by following the tips given below.
- The first step is in knowing what your natural waist is. For this, you need bend to your side while standing in front of a full- sized mirror. There will be a crease that will be formed. This is your waistline. It will be just above your belly button.
- Now stand up fully straight and start relaxing your abdominal muscles. Take the measuring tape and wrap it around the waist. Make sure that the area of the tape where you start wrapping it is indicated ‘0’. Also the tape should not to held too tight or loose.
- If you want to know how to measure your waist you have to understand that bare skin fetches the best results. Measuring while the clothes are on will deliver inaccurate results.
- A woman’s normal waist should measure anything between 23 and32 inches and a man’s should be between 32 and 43 inches.
Things to remember:
- Do remember to measure your waist in front of a mirror.
- A measuring tape made of bendable plastic or fabric is best for the job.